- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
- Chloe conquers her mountain challenge
Thank a Sport Maker
Community Coaching Advisor
Sport Bay of Plenty
Attention all winter codes, it’s time to start thinking about your nominations for Sport Maker.
The Thank a Sport Maker campaign is part of a partnership with the Lotto Volunteer Foundation and Sport New Zealand that will see the Bay of Plenty sharing in over $1 million of quality clothing and sports gear to be awarded to Sport Makers throughout New Zealand over the next three years.
People can show their appreciation for the Sport Makers who blow a whistle, coach, balance the books or help cook the sausages for the fundraising BBQ, by nominating at www.sportbop.co.nz/sportmakers.
Each month three volunteers will be awarded, randomly selected from each region - Western, Central and Eastern BOP. The selected volunteers will receive a certificate of acknowledgement and a prize on behalf of Sport New Zealand, Lotto and Sport Bay of Plenty. They will also be eligible for the Sport Maker of the Year award at the annual Volunteer Breakfasts where they will receive a $500 voucher. The Sport Makers will also be a part of the monthly media release that outlines their great service to sport.
Becoming a Sport Maker is personally rewarding and fulfilling – 95% of sport volunteers recommend doing it. Sport New Zealand CEO, Peter Miskimmin emphasises the importance of volunteers, saying;
“Volunteers are the lifeblood of sport and literally make sport happen in our communities, with over 750,000 wonderful people giving 50 million hours of their time annually to keep our world class sport system humming”.
If you’d like to get involved contact Sport Bay of Plenty and we be able to point you in the right direction of a suitable local club or sports organisation.
For further information contact:
07 578 0016
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Easy Active Options for Kids
- Saying Thank You is Easy!
- A third place rating NZ can not ignore
- Falling over
- Stand Up, Sit Less, Move More, More Often
- Going Beyond
- Head Over Heels at MIGS
- Adventure is in the Air
- But My Kids Are Active
- Thank a Sport Maker
- Kids Leading Kids
- Thank goodness for volunteers!
- Sports Organisations and Clubs have your say
- Discover, explore and connect
- Take two for Rabbits/Bulldogs final