- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
Adventure is in the Air
Virtually on Track Project Leader
Sport Bay of Plenty
The mornings are getting colder and the days shorter as the winter months’ loom. Amazingly this doesn’t stop the many keen athletes training for the multiple hour adventure races in abundance in the Bay if Plenty over the next couple of months. Whether you take on the individual or team events, adventure multisport racesare a great way to test your limits and have fun in a multitude of disciplines including mountain biking, kayaking, trail running and paddling.
Kicking off this weekend on the 9th May is The Nugget multisport event. The race starts in the delightful Waihi town centre and makes its way out to the harbour and Waihi Beach, making use of the spectacular coastal trails before returning near Martha Mine to finish under the Cornish Pumphouse in Waihi.
The 3D Rotorua Multisport Festival takes place at the end of this month with an awesome range of races. Choose from 2km, 5.5km, 10.5km or 21km trail run or walks, 31km mountain bike, 42km off-road duathlon, 25km and 50km multisport races, and a 9km paddle race. So many options to choose from so sign up and explore the incredible trails of Whakarewarewa Forest and enjoy the picturesque Lake Tikitapu (Blue Lake).
The beginning of June brings the epic Kawerau 6hr Adventure Race held by Gravity Sports. On June 6th, teams of all levels will be queuing up at the start line, excited and looking forward to setting out on the secret course. With mystery challenges along the way this is a fabulously fun event perfect for novice adventure racers. Closely following on the 27th June is the Manawahe Eco Trust 6hr Adventure Race and the Whakatane Stirling Sports 6hr Adventure race on the 25th July.
So what are you waiting for, don’t let the cold and short days stop your outdoor adventures. Get some friends together and have a go at an adventure multisport event this winter. There are so many to choose from and something suitable for all levels. Experience the challenge and thrill of trying something new and exploring the incredible, beautiful outdoor spaces we are treated to in the Bay of Plenty. Go on… adventure is in the air!
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Easy Active Options for Kids
- Saying Thank You is Easy!
- A third place rating NZ can not ignore
- Falling over
- Stand Up, Sit Less, Move More, More Often
- Going Beyond
- Head Over Heels at MIGS
- Adventure is in the Air
- But My Kids Are Active
- Thank a Sport Maker
- Kids Leading Kids
- Thank goodness for volunteers!
- Sports Organisations and Clubs have your say
- Discover, explore and connect
- Take two for Rabbits/Bulldogs final