- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
Saying Thank You is Easy!
Sport Bay of Plenty
There are so many of us who lend a hand at our chosen sport, we are happy to help out mainly due to the connection with the sport through our kids or because we still play….and as we look around we can see many more people helping out to make sport happen – in fact there are 47,786 volunteers in the Bay of Plenty - 750,000 nationwide (source: SportNZ)
Two years ago the Lotto Volunteer Foundation, Sport New Zealand and Sport Bay of Plenty launched the Thank a Sport Maker on-line facility that provides an easy way to thank those in the community for giving up their time – those whoblow a whistle, coach, balance the books or help cook the sausages for the fundraising BBQ. The campaign is aimed at amplifying the work our volunteers do in the Bay of Plenty region and to support, recognise and grow our volunteer bases.
We often hear ‘volunteering is a thank-less job” so we know that sometimes a simple ‘thank you’ and acknowledgement of the work being done is enough to keep the motivation high and your volunteers involved – and in the long run making it easier to administer your sport or activity!
Visit our website to send a thank you e-card which will put your volunteer(s) in the draw to win SportMaker goodies - www.sportbop.co.nz/sportmakers
In recognition of the tireless efforts of all volunteers this online facility acknowledges the special role volunteers make to sport. The Thank a Sport Maker campaign is an important opportunity to thank all the hard-working volunteers making a huge difference to sport in the Bay of Plenty.
Send your thanks today.
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Easy Active Options for Kids
- Saying Thank You is Easy!
- A third place rating NZ can not ignore
- Falling over
- Stand Up, Sit Less, Move More, More Often
- Going Beyond
- Head Over Heels at MIGS
- Adventure is in the Air
- But My Kids Are Active
- Thank a Sport Maker
- Kids Leading Kids
- Thank goodness for volunteers!
- Sports Organisations and Clubs have your say
- Discover, explore and connect
- Take two for Rabbits/Bulldogs final