- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
An award-winning trio of Kiwi chamber musicians and sisters is heading to Tauranga to perform next week.
Tauranga Musica Incorporated is hosting The Trinity Trio, featuring pianist Tina Kim, violinist Stella Kim and cellist Sally Kim at Tauranga Boys’ College’s Graham Young Theatre on Sunday, August 7.
The concert is part of Chamber Music New Zealand’s 2016 Encompass Series and will see the trio perform Beethoven’s ‘Piano Trio in C minor Op 1 No 3’, Dvorak’s ‘Dumky Trio’ and Gareth Farr’s ‘Ahi’.
Formed at the University of Auckland in 2013, the Trinity Trio won the prestigious Pettman ROSL Arts Chamber Music Scholarship in the same year. Their prize also included 12-show tour of the United Kingdom.
A student of Rae de Lisle, pianist Tina Kim has perform as a soloist with the Auckland Symphony Orchestra in 2014. Violinist Stella Kim is completing her Masters of Music in violin performance at the University of Auckland, and cellist Sally Kim is undertaking her Bachelor of Music at Auckland University.
Tauranga Muisca’s The Trinity Trio concert at Tauranga Boys’ College’s Graham Young Theatre is on Sunday, August 7, from 4pm. Tickets cost $10-32 on the door, online at: www.tgamusica.co.nz or from 385 Oceanbeach Rd, Mount Maunganui.
The Weekend Sun has two double passes to give away to two lucky reader who can tell us the names of the sisters who make up the Trinity Trio?
All entries must be received by Wednesday, August 3.