- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
They’re hot property in Australia and the United States, a sought-out live act on the international festival circuit, but this month Sons of Zion are bringing the aroha home to Aotearoa.
The Sons of Zion: Hungover Tour sees the much-loved Kiwi band play 14 dates across the North Island, including shows at the Lava Bar in Rotorua on Friday, Mount Maunganui’s Totara Street on Saturday, and the Hui Bar in Ohope Beach the following weekend.
Known for their unique fusion of rock, dub, R’n’B and reggae, Sons of Zion are Rio Panapa, Samuel Eriwata, Joel Latimer, Zane Graham, Caleb Haapu and Matt Sadgrove.
Since forming in 2007, the band have gone from strength-to-strength with two full length albums under their belts and a string of char-topping songs including three #1 singles in Hawaii.
They’ve also carved out a name for themselves as one of the top live bands on the world stage and have toured with the likes of Katchafire, Kora, Black Seeds and Ladi6, and played some of the biggest festivals in New Zealand like One Love, East Coast Vibes, Rhythm N Alps and Homegrown.
Earlier this year Sons of Zion released their new hit single ‘Hungover’ and are currently working on a new album, a US tour lined up for later in the year, and a return to the One Love Festival in 2017.
Pato Entertainment proudly presents Sons of Zion at Rotorua’s Lava Bar on Friday, August 5, Mount Maunganui’s Totara Street on Saturday, August 6, and Ohope Beach’s Hui Bar on Saturday August 27. Tickets from $25 and are available online from www.ticketspace.co.nz