- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
If you are hit by a mid-afternoon slump at work, a healthy lunch could be the answer to help you stay alert through to the end of the day.
A well-balanced lunch with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables is vital to help keep you full and to boost energy levels.
A recent 5+ A Day survey found 72 per cent of workers felt more productive in the afternoon after eating a healthy lunch rather than something high in fat or sugar.
Fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables can be easily be turned into great tasting, healthy and satisfying lunches. And not only is it cost-effective to pack your lunch, it adds vital antioxidants to your work day.
For ideas on how to pack healthy workplace lunches, visit the Workplace Wellness Hub on www.5aday.co.nz
To help kickstart a healthier lifestyle, The Weekend Sun has one Breville sandwich press, valued at $189, to give away to one lucky reader who can tell us the percentage of workers who felt more productive in the afternoon after eating a healthy lunch?
Entries must be received by Wednesday, March 8.