- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
Get ready to rock all you children in time and highway stars with New Zealand's only dedicated Deep Purple tribute band in Mount Maunganui.
The gloriously hard rocking music of the legendary English outfit will be loving re-created when Tony Painting & The Power with vocalist Leon Ruwhiu hit the stage at Totara Street on March 18.
Lead guitarist Tony Painting says next week’s gig in the Mount is part of an 11-show tour of the North Island which kicked off earlier this month.
“You will be taken on a journey through all of Deep Purple’s mile stone albums, from Shades of Deep Purple to Perfect Strangers.
“I grew up with Deep Purple, their songs are that strong they still hold up today and the band is still attracting a younger audience. They’re definitely a bit different than the pop stuff you get today.”
Tony says their two and a half hour show covers all those classic tunes Deep Purple fans will be expecting to hear like ‘Hush’, ‘Speed King’, ‘Space Truckin’, ‘Smoke on the Water’ and ‘Burn’ just to name a few,
“We faithfully recreate Deep Purple’s music with no detail missed, this hour show will keep the most novice of Deep Purple newbies happy while totally satisfying the Deep Purple purest.”
The Deep Purple Tribute Show featuring Tony Painting and the Power with vocalist Leon Ruwhiu plays Mount Maunganui’s Totara Street on Saturday, March 18. Tickets cost $25 on the door or $20 online from Eventfinda.