- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
We live in stressful times. And because of the constant pressures of life, this stress often spills over into our personal and professional relationships.
With this in mind, Meditation for Modern Life Tauranga is inviting the community to a workshop to explain how meditation can be used effectively to improve your relationships both at home and at work.
Spokesperson Steve Morgan says Auckland’s Kadampa Meditation Centre resident teacher Gen Kelsang Togden will be delivering the workshop at Macy’s Motor Inn and Conference Centre in Tauranga on March 25.
“Gen Kelsang Togden has been a Buddhist monk for more than 20 years, who’s helped many people and is a greatly admired teacher known for his inspirational presentation of Buddhadharma.”
“Everyone is welcome, and because Gen Togden teaches meditation in a very accessible method, which anyone can integrate in their everyday life, no previous experience is required.”
Gen Togden was a close disciple of meditation master and author Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who bestowed upon him the title ‘Gen’, which indicates he’s a senior teacher of the New Kadampa Tradition.
An internationally-renowned teacher, who has taught Buddhist meditation in five continents, Gen Togden has helped establish Dharma Centres in Canada, the United States, South America and Portugal.
The Meditation for Relationships workshop is at Macy’s Motor Inn and Conference Centre in Tauranga on March 25 from 2pm-5.30pm. Registration costs $28.
To register or for more information, visit: meditateintauranga.org