- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
We live in stressful times. And because of the constant pressures of life, this stress often spills over into our personal and professional relationships.
With this in mind, Meditation for Modern Life Tauranga is inviting the community to a workshop to explain how meditation can be used effectively to improve your relationships both at home and at work.
Spokesperson Steve Morgan says Auckland’s Kadampa Meditation Centre resident teacher Gen Kelsang Togden will be delivering the workshop at Macy’s Motor Inn and Conference Centre in Tauranga on March 25.
“Gen Kelsang Togden has been a Buddhist monk for more than 20 years, who’s helped many people and is a greatly admired teacher known for his inspirational presentation of Buddhadharma.”
“Everyone is welcome, and because Gen Togden teaches meditation in a very accessible method, which anyone can integrate in their everyday life, no previous experience is required.”
Gen Togden was a close disciple of meditation master and author Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who bestowed upon him the title ‘Gen’, which indicates he’s a senior teacher of the New Kadampa Tradition.
An internationally-renowned teacher, who has taught Buddhist meditation in five continents, Gen Togden has helped establish Dharma Centres in Canada, the United States, South America and Portugal.
The Meditation for Relationships workshop is at Macy’s Motor Inn and Conference Centre in Tauranga on March 25 from 2pm-5.30pm. Registration costs $28.
To register or for more information, visit: meditateintauranga.org