- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
An award-winning Auckland ensemble comprising of five leading early music exponents are making their way to Tauranga next month.
Tauranga Musica in association with TrustPower is hosting Affetto at Tauranga Park Auditorium in Pyes Pa on Sunday, April 2.
Formed in 2010, Affetto are Jayne Tankersley, soprano, Peter Reid, cornetto muto and baroque trumpet, Polly Sussex, viola da gamba, Philip Griffin, theorbo, and Rachel Griffith-Hughes, harpsichord and organ.
“The combination of soprano, harpsichord, cornetto, viola da gamba and theorbo provides an engaging range of sound colours and allows for flexibility of interpretation,” says Tauranga Musica spokesman Barry Ward.
The programme for Affetto’s upcoming concert features Verde Antigua, Cantigas and Cargona from the 16th and 17th Century, with music from Madura, Marin, Strozzi, Merula, Ortiz, Monteverdi and selections from the group’s new CD.
Barry says among their many accolades, Affetto has participated in the Auckland Fringe Festival twice, and both times won the Best Musical Production award.
“Affetto has quickly become known for innovative and uplifting programming, beauty of sound and for bringing forgotten music to life in new ways.”
Tauranga Musica and TrustPower are proud to present Auckland’s Affetto at Tauranga Park Auditorium on Pyes Pa Rd, on Sunday, April 2, from 4pm.
Tickets cost $32 for adults, $10 for U19’s or free if accompanying an adult ticket-holder.
Tickets are available from Tauranga Musica, 385 Oceanbeach Rd, Mount Maunganui, or: www.tgamusica.co.nz Or at the door.
The Weekend Sun has two double passes to give away to two lucky readers who can name the venue where Affetto is performing on April 2?
All entries must be received by Wednesday, March 22.