- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
If you love the guttural power of rock mixed with the fiery flow of rap then make sure you’re down and get down to Mount Maunganui next week.
It’ll be a night of in-your-face, loud and proud rap-orientated rock when Auckland’s Play Big and local lads Legion of Dissent and special guests The Carradines hit the stage for Rap Rock Unleashed at the Totara Street performance venue on April 15.
Promoter and LOD bassist Kingsley Smith says if you dig music with a Rage Against the Machine, Bodycount, a heavy Eminem, Cyprus Hill or Beastie Boys flavour then get yourself along to this gig.
“Play Big and Legion of Dissent are uniting and will unleash their high energy, rap-orientated rock. “It’s loud, it’s proud, and it’s uncensored,” says Kingsley.
“These bands will be kicking some serious arse with their songs about social, political, and the metaphysical.”
To kick off the night, special guests The Carradines will get the crowd warmed up with their brand of sexy, down and dirty Motorhead-style rock.
Rap rock is a genre hardly seen or heard on the live scene here in Tauranga, so next week’s gig will be “something quite special”.
“It offers a hipper, fresher alternative to the Jazz on Easter Weekend, and should interest the younger crowd.”
Rap Rock Unleashed with Play Big, Legion of Dissent and The Carradines tear up the stage at the Totara Street performance venue in Mount Maunganui on Saturday, April 15. Doors 7.30pm. it’s an R18 gig.
Door tickets cost $15 on the door or $10 plus booking fee online via Eventfinda. For more information, visit: facebook.com/pg/KINGPromotionsNZ
The Weekend Sun has three double passes to give away to three lucky readers who can finish this sentence: ‘Legion of…’
All entries must be received by Wednesday, April 12.