- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
- Chloe conquers her mountain challenge
- Ruben the Road Safety Bear's new book
Operatunity’s cast of veteran musical performers are coming together on Friday, May 19, at 11am to perform hits from ‘Phantom of the Opera’, ‘Les Miserables’, ‘Evita’, ‘Cats’, ‘Chicago’ and ‘My Fair Lady’. Rebecca Wright, a seasoned performer, will perform with Operatunity for the first time. She’s joined by artists Tizane McEvoy, Lynette Martin, Alex Milligan, Karl Perigo, and pianist Paul Carnegie-Jones.
Tizane McEvoy is an award-winning actress and singer who has performed numerous leading roles in opera and music theatre such as ‘Shortland Street - The Musical’, ‘Grease’, ‘The Secret Garden’, and ‘The Pirates of Penzance’. She’s also performed with world-class opera stars including Dame Kiri te Kanawa, Simon O’Neill, Andrea Bocelli and Teddy Tahu Rhodes.
Operatunity resident artist Karl Perigo leads the ‘From Phantom to Les Mis’ tour, and is excited to have the chance to perform pieces from his favourite musicals.
While most seven-year-olds were listening to MC Hammer or Vanilla Ice on their Walkman, Karl was listening to ‘Phantom of the Opera’, the first tape his grandparents bought for him.
Operatunity’s Daytime Concerts have been performing and touring professionally for 15 years. They bring eight tours to 25 different centres, performing more than 200 concerts across the year from Whangarei to Invercargill and everywhere in between.
Tickets can be purchased by calling 0508 266 237 or booking online at: www.operatunity.co.nz