- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
Dust off the gloves. Dig out the spade. Get ready to get your hands dirty. National Gardening Week is coming up from October 6-13.
The week aims to foster a love of gardening with a focus on growing not only plants but friendships, good health, strong communities and closer connections with nature.
This year’s National Gardening Week is about getting everyone into the garden, whether experienced, passionate gardeners or just starting out. During the week people are encouraged to help out in their community garden, lend a hand in a neighbour’s garden or get stuck in to their own. Not quite sure where to start? Seek out a local knowledgeable gardener and learn.
Kiwis love their gardens – whether it’s a quarter acre or a few pots on the deck – everyone can experience the joy of gardening. It’s good for the soul!
To celebrate National Gardening Week, Yates is giving away free vegie seeds between October 1-13. Register online to receive your packet of seeds www.yates.co.nz/nationalgardeningweek
The Weekend Sun has one Yates National Gardening Week Starter Hamper, valued at $100, to give away to one lucky winner.