- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
Suzanne Lynch leads a troupe of singers and band in Operatunity’s roll-back of the clock to an era when some of the greatest music was ever written – the 1950s. Relive the romance and the fun, when vocals met harmonies, as the greatest hits of the 50s are celebrated.
The Operatunity team will pay tribute to greats like Elvis Presley, with Pat Urlich doing a stunning Elvis impersonation complete with gravelly voice and gyrating hips. Suzanne will be singing up a storm with Doris Day and Connie Francis numbers, while Karl Perigo will be crooning while customers are swooning with melodies from the likes of the Everly Brothers and more recently Michael Buble.
The Weekend Sun has one double pass for one lucky reader.