- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
Popular music trio Sol3 Mio are playing in Tauranga this January as part of an eight-date tour celebrating Christmas and the beloved Kiwi summer.
The boys will perform their signature mix of opera arias, traditional songs, a selection of hits from their albums and everyone’s favourite Christmas carols in some stunning outdoor venues, including Wharepai Domain on January 6.
This tour will mark the first performances in 2017/18 for the trio, who have spent the majority of the last two years furthering their individual opera careers. Tenor brothers Pene and Amitai Pati have been in the United States performing as Adler Fellows at the world renowned San Francisco Opera, while their Baritone cousin Moses Mackay worked on a variety of projects at home, including taking a lead role in Carmen as part of Napier’s Festival of Opera.
“Playing these annual summer shows is the highlight of our year, and each year it gets better and better,” says Moses.
The Sol3 Mio Christmas/Summer tour welcomes fans of all ages and families are encouraged to attend. Amitai says people can expect a mix of modern songs and musical numbers.
“We want to include everyone, not just the opera buffs. There will be a lot of laughs, as well as the old classics. It will be a chance for everyone to relax and enjoy some timeless music.”
For the Tauranga show, one child under-12 will be admitted free with a full paying adult.
Tickets are available online at Ticketmaster, or at the Tauranga i-Site.
The Weekend Sun has one double pass to Sol3 Mio’s January 6 concert at Wharepai Domain for one lucky reader.