- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
Donning cowboy hats and kicking out a gleefully trashy brand of throttling, rockabilly-flavoured garage punk, legendary and self-proclaimed 'greatest rock n' roll band in the world' the Supersuckers hit Totara Street on November 17, for what they describe will be 'a knockdown, drag out, rock n' roll party in the streets'.
Led by original member Eddie Spaghetti, they have consistently maintained their over-the-top celebration of all things rock n’ roll - namely the raucous essentials of booze, the devil and other assorted vices for near 30 years. The band’s renowned live show glorifies all of the above in a reckless blast of rock n’ roll power.
As well as releasing 10 albums of their own material, Supersuckers have recorded with many artists including Willie Nelson, Steve Earle and Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam.
They have appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno backing Willie Nelson, and toured with numerous bands such as Mudhoney, Social Distortion, Bad Religion, The Ramones, Motorhead, the Butthole Surfers, The Reverend Horton Heat, The New York Dolls, The Dwarves, White Zombie and Nashville Pussy.
Joining the Supersuckers at Totara Street will be local art punks All Hail the Funkillers and the highly touted Skinny Hobo's.
Catch them before they succumb to gout.
The Supersuckers will be playing at Totara Street from 8pm on Friday, November 17. Tickets are $45. Visit Eventfinda for details.
The Weekend Sun has one double pass to the Supersuckers gig at Totara Street for one lucky reader.