- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
Six arrests in Gisborne meth bust
Posted at 1:56pm Monday 21 Dec, 2015
Gisborne, Hawke’s Bay and Auckland police have arrested six people following an investigation into the supply of methamphetamine into the Gisborne area.
The six arrested will be appearing in the Gisborne and North Shore District Courts today on charges ranging from conspiracy to supply methamphetamine to possession of the drug.
The drug investigation conducted by Gisborne and Hawke’s Bay Police has been running for a number of months and culminated in last night’s arrests.
Police searched three houses in Gisborne last night and one house in Wairoa.
They found a "significant" amount of cash and methamphetamine.
The total quantity of the drugs and cash is still being collated.
Searches of the houses were continuing today and police expected to find more items of interest.
Those arrested are both males and females from Gisborne, Wairoa, Auckland and the Manawatu.
Police believe the termination of this investigation will make a significant impact on the supply of methamphetamine into the Gisborne area.