- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
Police investigate stabbing
Posted at 9:56am Sunday 21 Feb, 2016 | By Greg Taipari firstname.lastname@example.org
Investigations are underway after an incident where two women received stab wounds in Flaxmere last night.
Police were called to a Flaxmere Avenue address at 8.30pm last night. On their arrial they found two women in their 20s had received stab wounds. The alleged offender was still at the scene when police arrived.
Both females were taken to hospital and received treatment for their injuries. Police say both women are expected to be released today.
Police say the investigation is ongoing and they will be back at the property today to carry out a scene examination.
The male offender was taken into custody; he was also injured and is currently receiving treatment. Police are not seeking anyone else in relation to this incident.