- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
- Chloe conquers her mountain challenge
- Ruben the Road Safety Bear's new book
Police investigate stabbing
Posted at 9:56am Sunday 21 Feb, 2016 | By Greg Taipari email@example.com
Investigations are underway after an incident where two women received stab wounds in Flaxmere last night.
Police were called to a Flaxmere Avenue address at 8.30pm last night. On their arrial they found two women in their 20s had received stab wounds. The alleged offender was still at the scene when police arrived.
Both females were taken to hospital and received treatment for their injuries. Police say both women are expected to be released today.
Police say the investigation is ongoing and they will be back at the property today to carry out a scene examination.
The male offender was taken into custody; he was also injured and is currently receiving treatment. Police are not seeking anyone else in relation to this incident.