- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
Paekakariki crash victim dies
Posted at 10:23am Monday 24 Oct, 2016
A woman critically injured in a crash near Paekakariki yesterday died in Wellington Hospital overnight.
She was Te Rauoriwa Daphne Pomana, 79, from Levin.
Police says the circumstances of the crash are still under investigation and no further information is available at this stage.
Earlier reports stated two cars collided on SH1 just south of Paekakariki.
Both drivers were injured the other driver suffered minor injuries.
The highway was closed for several hours and south bound traffic was diverted over the Paekakariki Hill road. Northbound traffic used Ames Street.