- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
- Chloe conquers her mountain challenge
- Ruben the Road Safety Bear's new book
Armed robbery at Riccarton
Posted at 5:51pm Thursday 19 Jan, 2017
A pistol was presented at bank staff at Kiwibank, Bush Inn, Waimairi Rd, Upper Riccarton, at lunchtime Thursday.
No-one was injured, says police.
Police have been conducting a scene examination, reviewing CCTV footage, taking witness statements, and supporting the bank staff.
Cash was taken but it is unknown how much.
Investigators want to urgently find and speak to the man in cycling gear and on the bicycle shown in the photographs on teh police website.
The cyclist was last seen travelling along Totara Street, says Dtective segeant Wayne Boyd.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Christchurch Police on 03 363 7400.
Information can also be passed to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.