- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
Traffic affected following crash
Posted at 10:34am Sunday 19 Feb, 2017
Emergency services are attending an incident on Clevedon-Kawakawa Road, south of Auckland, where power lines have fallen on the road following a crash.
A car crashed into a power pole, knocking down the power lines.
There are no serious injuries.
Motorists are warned that Clevedon-Kawakawa Road is blocked and that access to Splore Festival is affected for at least two hours.
Those travelling to or from Splore will need to travel via Miranda, south of the festival.
There is access to the NZ Polo Open but due to heavy traffic in the area and diverted traffic, there will be significant delays.
Motorists are urged to allow extra time for your journey, drive with patience and slow down.
SOURCE: NZ Police