- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
- Chloe conquers her mountain challenge
- Ruben the Road Safety Bear's new book
ROGERS, Cornelius John (Con)
Posted at 11:41am Thursday 30 Mar, 2017
Service No. NZ 66162 2NZEF. Passed away peacefully on Wednesday 29 March 2017 in Whakatane; aged 97 years. Reunited with his dearly loved wife Nola. Much loved and respected Dad of Lindsay, Sue & Adrian, Vivien (Viv) (deceased) & Ron, Julie & Murray, and Jenny & Dave. Cherished and proud grandad of Matt & Melanie; David, Joanna, Con & Luke; David & Tamara; Katy, Anna & Lauren; and Ben, Charlotte & Hannah. Loved GG of his 11 great grandchildren. Much loved uncle and friend of the Carter, Gwynne, Dillon and Stevens families. Respected member of the Whakatane community for over 65 years. Kua hinga te totara. Ake ake kia kaha arohanui.
The family give special thanks to the staff of Golden Pond for their loving care of Dad. Con will be at home with family at 287A Pohutukawa Avenue, Ohope Beach.
A Requiem Mass for Con will be celebrated in the St Peter Chanel Catholic Church, 125 King St, Whakatane on Monday 3 April at 1pm followed by a burial in the Returned Services section of Hillcrest Cemetery. Communications please to the Rogers Family, C/- PO Box 2070, Whakatane.