- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
ROGERS, Cornelius John (Con)
Posted at 11:41am Thursday 30 Mar, 2017
Service No. NZ 66162 2NZEF. Passed away peacefully on Wednesday 29 March 2017 in Whakatane; aged 97 years. Reunited with his dearly loved wife Nola. Much loved and respected Dad of Lindsay, Sue & Adrian, Vivien (Viv) (deceased) & Ron, Julie & Murray, and Jenny & Dave. Cherished and proud grandad of Matt & Melanie; David, Joanna, Con & Luke; David & Tamara; Katy, Anna & Lauren; and Ben, Charlotte & Hannah. Loved GG of his 11 great grandchildren. Much loved uncle and friend of the Carter, Gwynne, Dillon and Stevens families. Respected member of the Whakatane community for over 65 years. Kua hinga te totara. Ake ake kia kaha arohanui.
The family give special thanks to the staff of Golden Pond for their loving care of Dad. Con will be at home with family at 287A Pohutukawa Avenue, Ohope Beach.
A Requiem Mass for Con will be celebrated in the St Peter Chanel Catholic Church, 125 King St, Whakatane on Monday 3 April at 1pm followed by a burial in the Returned Services section of Hillcrest Cemetery. Communications please to the Rogers Family, C/- PO Box 2070, Whakatane.