- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
Boaties rescued from Tairua Bar
Posted at 5:28pm Tuesday 18 Apr, 2017 | By David Tauranga firstname.lastname@example.org
Two boaties have been rescued from the water just off the Tairua coastline this afternoon.
It is reported the two men ended up in the water after their boat flipped on the Tairua Bar shortly before 1pm.
“We were notified that two men were in the water just off Tairua at 12.40pm,” says a police spokesperson.
“They ended up being rescued from the water by people on another boat and the incident has since been resolved.”
The spokesperson says neither of the two men, who are believed to be a father and son, were injured as a result of the incident.