- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
Beautiful bird’s eye view of the Bay
Posted at 7:16am Wednesday 19 Apr, 2017 | By David Tauranga email@example.com
Tauranga, Opotiki, Matata, Owharoa Falls and Ohope Beach all have a starring role in a new video captured by a Frenchman currently tiki touring across New Zealand.
The locations filmed in Damien Lair’s video ‘Head Over Bay of Plenty’ were all shot using a drone during ‘The Golden Hour’ – the period shortly after sunrise or before sunset – earlier this month.
The 31-year-old, who is in the country on a working holiday with his girlfriend for the next seven months, says he chose New Zealand for the “beautiful landscape and the Maori culture”.
“I love this country and my girlfriend too. It’s perfect place for shooting picture and video. Golden hours are my perfect moments of the day for picture and video.”
‘Head Over Bay of Plenty’ is the second video Damien has created during his stay in New Zealand. In March he shot a similar video of Auckland City which he filmed over the course of a week.
To see more of Damien’s video visit his YouTube channel