- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
Bay man killed in Waitomo crash
Posted at 2:20pm Friday 21 Apr, 2017
Police have named the Bay of Plenty man who died in a truck crash in the Waikato yesterday morning.
He was 56-year-old Albert Frans Devries of Rotorua.
Police’s thoughts are with his family and friends, says Sergeant Warren Shaw.
“Police are hoping to speak with the driver of a dark coloured utility vehicle which was travelling westbound on Te Anga Road between 10-10.30am yesterday.
“We would like to speak with the driver in order to gather all the information needed to establish the circumstances of the crash.
“We ask that the driver, or anyone who knows who they may be, contacts Te Kuiti Police on 07 878 1450.”