- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
Autumn Race Day
Posted at 6:00pm Wednesday 26 Apr, 2017
A great day out at the races has gotten even better with two extra races programmed for the Autumn Race Day meeting at Tauranga Racecourse on Thursday.
Racing Tauranga spokesperson Andrew Love says nominations for the annual event exceeded initial expectations, so two races were split which has increased the programme to 10 races.
“Recent wet weather around the region has seen race meetings cancelled and unseasonal heavy tracks, so Tauranga’s dead six track will suit trainers looking for better autumn conditions. The rail is out 10 meters.”
The first race is timed for 11.23am and the programme starts kicks off with two high-weight races, The Tauranga Racing Club 1600m and The Classic Cuisine Caterers & Event Management 2160m, and both races will prepare horses for the jumping season
Andrew says the 10 race programme will finish at 4.30pm and entry to the course is free.
“So enjoy a great autumn’s day out at Racing Tauranga, spend the day trackside on the public lawn or grab a seat in the grandstand.
“A range of delicious food options are also available on course, or pack a picnic with your favourite treats.”
If you’re planning on taking along a picnic please be aware that BYO limits will apply, adds Andrew.
Racing Tauranga’s Autumn Race Day is on at Tauranga Racecourse on Cameron Road, Greerton, On Thursday, April 27. Gates open 10.30am, first race 11.23am, last race 4.34pm. Free entry.
For more information including nominations, plus field and track conditions, visit racingtauranga.co.nz