- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
State Highway 35 now open
Posted at 11:21am Saturday 13 May, 2017
Motorists can now travel through State Highway 35, between Opotiki and Te Kaha, after a fallen tree blocked part of the highway overnight.
New Zealand Transport Agency says one lane remains open, but motorists are urged to drive with care.
Motorists were asked to avoid travelling through SH35, Maraenui, overnight after a large tree fell and blocked the road in both directions. The tree fell near the intersection of Maraenui Pa Rd in Opotiki.
Contractors worked for several hours overnight to clear the tree from the road.