- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
State Highway 35 now open
Posted at 11:21am Saturday 13 May, 2017
Motorists can now travel through State Highway 35, between Opotiki and Te Kaha, after a fallen tree blocked part of the highway overnight.
New Zealand Transport Agency says one lane remains open, but motorists are urged to drive with care.
Motorists were asked to avoid travelling through SH35, Maraenui, overnight after a large tree fell and blocked the road in both directions. The tree fell near the intersection of Maraenui Pa Rd in Opotiki.
Contractors worked for several hours overnight to clear the tree from the road.