- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
Northland man killed by tree
Posted at 5:38pm Monday 15 May, 2017
A 32 year old man was found dead under a tree in Kaikohe today, says Sergeant Kevin Milne, Northland Police.
Police received a report at approximately 2.50pm today of a person trapped under a tree in Kaikohe.
Police and St Johns ambulance staff made their way to the scene which is accessible only by four wheel drive.
Unfortunately a 32-year-old male has died at the scene. Worksafe have been advised and the matter has been referred to the Coroner.
Police are unable to provide any further details until formal identification has taken place.