- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
- Chloe conquers her mountain challenge
- Ruben the Road Safety Bear's new book
Northland man killed by tree
Posted at 5:38pm Monday 15 May, 2017
A 32 year old man was found dead under a tree in Kaikohe today, says Sergeant Kevin Milne, Northland Police.
Police received a report at approximately 2.50pm today of a person trapped under a tree in Kaikohe.
Police and St Johns ambulance staff made their way to the scene which is accessible only by four wheel drive.
Unfortunately a 32-year-old male has died at the scene. Worksafe have been advised and the matter has been referred to the Coroner.
Police are unable to provide any further details until formal identification has taken place.