- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
Trapped in hay bailer
Posted at 5:36pm Tuesday 16 May, 2017
A 21 year old man suffered serious leg injuries after being trapped in a hay bailer at Omakau Central Otago today, say Police.
Senior Constable Darren Cox of Omakau Police.says emergency services were called to a nearby farm about 1.30pm, after the 21 year old local man became trapped..
He was cut free by fire fighters and flown by Rescue Helicopter to Dunedin Hospital with serious leg injuries. His condition is not believed to be life threatening.
Worksafe NZ have been advised and will continue investigations into this matter.