- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
- Chloe conquers her mountain challenge
- Ruben the Road Safety Bear's new book
Murder charge over baby death
Posted at 5:47pm Wednesday 17 May, 2017
A 40-year-old Turangi man has been charged with the murder of his nine month old daughter in Turangi on March 12, 2016.
The man charged is currently in custody and will appear in Taupo District Court on Wednesday 24 May via video link in relation to the murder charge, says area manager investigations, Detective Senior Sergeant Matt Cranshaw.
Taupo Police completed extensive investigations into the death including consulting with medical specialists on the cause of death, says Matt.
As the matter is now before the courts Police is not in a position to comment further.