- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
- Chloe conquers her mountain challenge
- Ruben the Road Safety Bear's new book
Man charged with infant’s murder
Posted at 6:49am Thursday 18 May, 2017
A 40-year-old is facing one count of murder following the death of a nine-month-old baby girl.
The Turangi man’s arrest comes after an investigation was launched into the infant’s death on March 12, 2016.
Detective Senior Sergeant Matt Cranshaw says the man is the father of the baby girl and will appear in Taupo District Court on Wednesday, May 24, via video link.
“Taupo Police completed extensive investigations into the death including consulting with medical specialists on the cause of death.
“As the matter is now before the courts Police is not in a position to comment further.”