- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
- Chloe conquers her mountain challenge
- Ruben the Road Safety Bear's new book
Police name killed motorcyclist
Posted at 12:58pm Friday 19 May, 2017
Police have released the name of the motorcyclist who died following a crash on Galatea Road south of Te Teko earlier this week.
He was 35-year-old Neihana Hawera, from Lake Matahina.
“Police extend their deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Mr Hawera during this difficult time.”
On Tuesday, emergency services were called to a crash between a ute and motorbike on Galatea Road, near the Matahina Dam in the Eastern Bay of Plenty, at about 4pm.
Tragically, Neihana died at the scene.
The spokesperson says police’s Serious Crash Unit are still conducting inquiries into the circumstances surrounding the crash.
“Police would like to thank the members of the public who have assisted with their inquiries so far.”