- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
Police name killed motorcyclist
Posted at 12:58pm Friday 19 May, 2017
Police have released the name of the motorcyclist who died following a crash on Galatea Road south of Te Teko earlier this week.
He was 35-year-old Neihana Hawera, from Lake Matahina.
“Police extend their deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Mr Hawera during this difficult time.”
On Tuesday, emergency services were called to a crash between a ute and motorbike on Galatea Road, near the Matahina Dam in the Eastern Bay of Plenty, at about 4pm.
Tragically, Neihana died at the scene.
The spokesperson says police’s Serious Crash Unit are still conducting inquiries into the circumstances surrounding the crash.
“Police would like to thank the members of the public who have assisted with their inquiries so far.”