- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
Have you seen these men?
Posted at 1:30pm Monday 29 May, 2017
Police are appealing for information from the public to help them locate three men.
Whakatane Police Senior Sergeant Yvonne Parker says the following people have “absconded from their bail addresses”.
The 23-year-old man from Lower Hutt absconded on May 16 while on home detention at an Opotiki address.
Yvonne says he was on home detention after being convicted of dishonesty and violence charges in Hutt Valley District court on March 17.
“He is known to have been in Whanganui on May 28 and could still be around the lower North Island.”
Jon Te Rito
The 32-year-old Kawerau man absconded on May 12 after a parole recall warrant was issued for his arrest.
“He is possibly using a stolen vehicle, a 2009 grey Ford FALCON XR6, registration FBY241, which was taken on 29/5/17 from an address in Kawerau,” says Yvonne.
“He is likely to be in the BOP area still.”
The 21-year-old from Rotorua absconded on May 13 from his electronically monitored bail address in Whakatane.
“He is facing serious violence charges and was remanded on bail from the Rotorua District court. He has links to Rotorua but has also recently been seen in Auckland.”
Yvonne asks anyone who sees these people or the stolen vehicle then please call 111.
“If you have information about their whereabouts then call your nearest Police station or if you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers.”