- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
Have you seen these men?
Posted at 1:30pm Monday 29 May, 2017
Police are appealing for information from the public to help them locate three men.
Whakatane Police Senior Sergeant Yvonne Parker says the following people have “absconded from their bail addresses”.
The 23-year-old man from Lower Hutt absconded on May 16 while on home detention at an Opotiki address.
Yvonne says he was on home detention after being convicted of dishonesty and violence charges in Hutt Valley District court on March 17.
“He is known to have been in Whanganui on May 28 and could still be around the lower North Island.”
Jon Te Rito
The 32-year-old Kawerau man absconded on May 12 after a parole recall warrant was issued for his arrest.
“He is possibly using a stolen vehicle, a 2009 grey Ford FALCON XR6, registration FBY241, which was taken on 29/5/17 from an address in Kawerau,” says Yvonne.
“He is likely to be in the BOP area still.”
The 21-year-old from Rotorua absconded on May 13 from his electronically monitored bail address in Whakatane.
“He is facing serious violence charges and was remanded on bail from the Rotorua District court. He has links to Rotorua but has also recently been seen in Auckland.”
Yvonne asks anyone who sees these people or the stolen vehicle then please call 111.
“If you have information about their whereabouts then call your nearest Police station or if you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers.”