- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
RUSK, Douglas Ivan
Posted at 2:47pm Wednesday 07 Jun, 2017
On Tuesday 6th June 2017 peacefully at Golden Pond Rest Home, Whakatane in his 91st year.
Dearly loved husband of the late Avis. Treasured father and father in law of Keith (dec) Carol and Ken (Whakatane), and Bruce and Sheree (Hamilton). Loved Granddad of Byrin, Alana and Steve, Daniel and Dana. Much loved Great Granddad of Jaden, Seth and Zarah.
Gone home to be with his sweetheart of 60 years, Avis, and darling eldest son, Keith. Dad, you were so brave and so very much admired and loved by us all. Special thanks to the caring staff at Sheaffs and Golden Pond Rest Homes, and also his carers, Christine and Margaret.
A funeral service for Doug will be held in the chapel of Willetts Funeral Services Ltd, 21 King Street, Whakatane on Friday 9th June at 11am followed by burial in the New Lawn Memorial section of Hillcrest Cemetery, Whakatane.
Messages please to the Rusk family C/- PO Box 2070 Whakatane.