- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
Man found dead in Wairoa named
Posted at 1:49pm Tuesday 13 Jun, 2017
Police can now release the name of the man found deceased in Wairoa on Sunday morning.
“Mr Sammons’ body has now been released back to his family, following a post-mortem completed yesterday in Rotorua,” says Detective Sergeant Kevin Ford.
“Investigations into what led to Mr Sammons’ death are continuing, and police are still seeking anyone with information on what happened.
“This includes anyone with information on a vehicle that may have suffered damage to the front of it since Saturday, or who may have known about a vehicle being hidden, repaired or cleaned in unusual circumstances,” says Kevin.
“We’d also like to hear from anyone in the area of Black Road between 4am and 5am on Saturday morning.”
Anyone with information can contact Police on (06) 838 8345 or report anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.