- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
Man found dead in Wairoa named
Posted at 1:49pm Tuesday 13 Jun, 2017
Police can now release the name of the man found deceased in Wairoa on Sunday morning.
“Mr Sammons’ body has now been released back to his family, following a post-mortem completed yesterday in Rotorua,” says Detective Sergeant Kevin Ford.
“Investigations into what led to Mr Sammons’ death are continuing, and police are still seeking anyone with information on what happened.
“This includes anyone with information on a vehicle that may have suffered damage to the front of it since Saturday, or who may have known about a vehicle being hidden, repaired or cleaned in unusual circumstances,” says Kevin.
“We’d also like to hear from anyone in the area of Black Road between 4am and 5am on Saturday morning.”
Anyone with information can contact Police on (06) 838 8345 or report anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.