- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
Serious crash closes Thames highway
Posted at 9:30pm Wednesday 14 Jun, 2017
Police have confirmed they are in attendance at a serious crash on State Highway 26 in Thames this evening.
A statement released a short time ago confirmed the single-vehicle crash happened on Paeroa Kopu Road shortly after 8pm.
State Highway 26 (Paeroa Kopu Road) is closed and diversions are currently in place.
The authorites are asking motorists to avoid the area.
At this stage, the extent of any injuries suffered in the crash is unknown.
The Serious Crash Unit have been advised and will begin investigating the cause of the incident.