- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
Man and young child threatened with gun
Posted at 7:20am Thursday 15 Jun, 2017
An investigation into a Bay of Plenty firearms incident where a man and his young child were threatened with a gun will feature on Police Ten 7 tonight.
The incident happened on January 17 on Lord Cobham Drive, Whakatane.
Police are hoping by featuring the incident on Police Ten 7, that members of the public may come forward with information to support the ongoing investigation.
The episode tonight will provide more details on the incident and recount what happened.
“This was a distressing incident for the man and his young child and we are committed to finding those responsible. Anyone who sees the episode tonight and has information to share should contact us immediately,” says Detective Sergeant Darren Thomas.
The episode of Police Ten 7 will be shown on TV2 at 7.30pm, as well as TV2+1 at 8.30pm. The video from the episode will also be available on the Police Ten 7 Facebook page after going to air today.
Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact the Whakatane Police on 07 308 5255.
Information can also be provided via the Police Ten 7 show or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.