- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
Posted at 9:25pm Saturday 17 Jun, 2017
Reports are emerging of a crash near Thames that has claimed the lives of four people and left another two people seriously injured.
Emergency services are currently at the scene on State Highway 2 at Netherton, around 20km south of Thames in the Hauraki District.
According to Stuff, two vehicles are believed to have collided shortly after 7:30pm on Saturday evening.
The road is currently closed between Fisher Road and School Road, with diversions in place.
The closure is likely to remain in place overnight.
Police are reporting heavy fog around the crash area, and the authorities are urging motorists to drive "with extreme caution".
Further updates will be released as soon as they become available.