- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
Fallen tree blocks Bay highway
Posted at 6:57am Monday 19 Jun, 2017
A fallen tree is expected to cause some travel delays on State Highway 5 in the Bay of Plenty.
The tree came down on the stretch of highway, near Ngongotaha around 7.30pm.
This resulted in a car crashing into it, says police.
No one was injured in the crash.
This morning, the NZ Transport Agency is reporting that a stop/go traffic management system is in place.
“Expect delays or avoid the area if possible.”
It is unclear how long it will take for the tree to be cleared.