- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
One dead after car hits tree
Posted at 9:11am Monday 19 Jun, 2017
One person is dead after car hit a tree in Kinloch this morning.
Police are investigating a crash which happened at 7.34am on Mapara Road in Kinloch, between King Road and Katelyn Place.
“One person, the driver, was reportedly trapped in the vehicle after hitting a tree and has since died at the scene,” says police.
“The road is not blocked, however, the Serious Crash Unit will be investigating the scene and motorists are asked to avoid the area if possible.”
Police are working to establish the identity of the deceased to ensure next of kin are informed.
“We will not be releasing more details until this has been completed.”