- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
- Chloe conquers her mountain challenge
- Ruben the Road Safety Bear's new book
Desert Road closed following truck crash
Posted at 6:37am Wednesday 12 Jul, 2017
The Desert Road/State Highway 1 is blocked between Rangipo and Waiouru following a crash overnight.
Police expect the road to remain closed for several hours.
"A truck and trailer unit rolled shortly after 1.30am near Waihohonu Bridge and a crane will be required to move it from the crash site.
"No other vehicles were involved in the crash and nobody was injured."
The following diversions are in place: for those heading south, use State Highway 46 and State Highway 47 to National Park, turn left on to State Highway 4, then left on to State Highway 49 to Waiouru.
The reverse applies for northbound travel.