- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
Truck rolls after crash with train
Posted at 11:31am Monday 31 Jul, 2017
UPDATED: The trailer of a truck has flipped after a truck and trailer unit crashed with a train.
Emergency services were called to the crash on the Collins Lane railway crossing in Te Puke around 11.30am.
A police spokesperson says the truck driver was uninjured but the truck rolled.
"The commercial vehicle investigation unit has been advised and will attend the crash."
Reports are coming in of a crash involving a truck and train near Te Puke.
A caller to the 0800 SUNLIVE news hotline says a truck and train have crashed near Collins Lane.
The caller says the driver of the truck is out of the cab and being attended to by St John Paramedics.
We will update this story as soon as more information is available.
At the scene?
Call 0800 SUNLIVE or email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Woman murdered in Opotiki
- Blair’s back in a smiley place
- Drifting action heats up at Baypark
- Victim:paedophile's sentence not enough
- Strong winds forecast as Gita hits NZ
- Community speaks out on traffic bylaw
- Gita bearing down on New Zealand
- Danni is the Bay’s top young grower
- Opotiki homicide: murder charge laid
- Happy Chinese New Year
- Opotiki murder accused appears in court
- Poll on Maori wards in Whakatane
- Birth rate down to record low
- Youth smoking is at an all-time low
- Pokies causing growing harm - Sallies
- Speed camera on the way for Pukehina
- Last chance to vote on water bottling
- Parts of Desert Road to close
- Tanker losing head over ‘botched’ bridge
- Cracking down on drugged drivers
- Fourteen-year-old charged with robbery
- Crayfish fishing ban wanted in BOP
- No weed campaigning at One Love
- Council hunting dangerous dogs
- Compensation over sulphuric fuel