- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
- Hammerhead shark found on Papamoa Beach
- Big tick for fisheries management
Truck rolls after crash with train
Posted at 11:31am Monday 31 Jul, 2017
UPDATED: The trailer of a truck has flipped after a truck and trailer unit crashed with a train.
Emergency services were called to the crash on the Collins Lane railway crossing in Te Puke around 11.30am.
A police spokesperson says the truck driver was uninjured but the truck rolled.
"The commercial vehicle investigation unit has been advised and will attend the crash."
Reports are coming in of a crash involving a truck and train near Te Puke.
A caller to the 0800 SUNLIVE news hotline says a truck and train have crashed near Collins Lane.
The caller says the driver of the truck is out of the cab and being attended to by St John Paramedics.
We will update this story as soon as more information is available.
At the scene?
Call 0800 SUNLIVE or email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org