- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
Motorcyclist killed in Te Puke crash
Posted at 8:02pm Friday 08 Sep, 2017
UPDATED 8.17PM: One person is dead following crash near Te Puke this evening.
Police were called to the crash between a car and motorbike on Rangiuru Road, 200m from the main highway, about 7pm.
A police spokesperson has confirmed that the motorcyclist has died at the scene.
"The road is currently closed at Brown Road, while the serious crash unit investigates."
A motorcyclist is reported to have been involved in a serious crash with another vehicle near Te Puke this evening.
A reporter at the scene says the crash is located on Rangiuru Road, about 200m from the main highway.
Police, St John Paramedics and firefighters are at the scene.
We will bring your more information as soon as it’s available.