- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
VAN DER SLIK, Arnoldina Maria
Posted at 10:31am Wednesday 27 Sep, 2017
(Diane). On Tuesday 26th September peacefully at Thornton Park Retirement Lodge in her 82nd year. Great Mum to Kathy, Jolanda and David, Debby and Selwyn, Wilko and Serena. Much loved Oma to her 11 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren. Loving wife of the late John van der Slik. Great friend of Ricki Enckevort. Wil be greatly missed by all that knew her. Special thanks to Thornton Park for the love and care they gave mum.
Rosary will be recited at 44B King Street, Opotiki at 7pm on Thursday evening.
A funeral Service for Diane will be held in Our Lady Help Of Christians Catholic Church, Kelly St, Opotiki at 11am Friday the 29th September, followed by a Private cremation. In lieu of flowers donations would be appreciated to St John Ambulance, PO Box 551, Opotiki or may be left at the service. Messages please to the van der Slik Family, c/- PO Box 2070, Whakatane.