- Truck and car crash near Ngatea
- Mining company presents to council
- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
Truck driver killed in train crash
Posted at 11:45am Friday 06 Oct, 2017
A person is dead following a crash involving a train and truck in the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
Emergency services were called to the level crossing on Lambert Road just before 11.35am.
Police say the driver of the truck died at the scene.
"The intersection of Lambert Road and SH34 is currerntly closed to traffic.
"The serious crash unit is investigating."
Emergency services are dealing with a crash involving a truck and train in the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
A SunLive reader messaged us on Facebook to say police and fire at at the scene of a crash on the railway tracks on Lambert Road, near Te Teko.
Police have confirmed that they are responding to reports of a truck versus train.
"Police have just arrived at the scene and no other details are available at this stage," says a police spokesperson.
SunLive will update this story as soon as more information is available.
At the scene?
Call 0800 SUNLIVE or email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org