- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
Baby injured in crash which killed four
Posted at 6:52am Wednesday 11 Oct, 2017
Police are investigating a crash which left four people dead and eight injured, including a baby.
Two cars crashed at the intersection of State Highway 1 and and Tutukau Rd - near the popular Orakei Korako geothermal area – at 3.15pm.
Two of the injured people are in critical condition and the others are in a serious condition or have moderate injuries.
Four rescue helicopters have taken the injured to Waikato and Rotorua hospitals.
Philips Search and Rescue Trust says those injured included a 10-month-old baby, a man in his forties with multiple injuries, and a 42-year-old woman with chest and abdominal injuries.
The Tauranga-based Trustpower TECT Rescue Helicopter was one of the four helicopters which flew injured patients to hospital.
NZ Fire, NZ Police and St John’s were all in attendance, along with the Hamilton-based Waikato Westpac Rescue Helicopter, the Rotorua-basedBayTrust Rescue Helicopter and the Taupo-based Greenlea Rescue Helicopter, says a spokesperson for the rescue helicopter.
“The Trustpower TECT Rescue Helicopter airlifted a 17-year-old Palmerston North, who had suffered multiple injuries, to Rotorua Hospital.”
The highway was closed for several hours, but is now open.
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Woman murdered in Opotiki
- Blair’s back in a smiley place
- Drifting action heats up at Baypark
- Victim:paedophile's sentence not enough
- Strong winds forecast as Gita hits NZ
- Community speaks out on traffic bylaw
- Gita bearing down on New Zealand
- Danni is the Bay’s top young grower
- Opotiki homicide: murder charge laid
- Happy Chinese New Year
- Opotiki murder accused appears in court
- Poll on Maori wards in Whakatane
- Birth rate down to record low
- Youth smoking is at an all-time low
- Pokies causing growing harm - Sallies
- Speed camera on the way for Pukehina
- Last chance to vote on water bottling
- Parts of Desert Road to close
- Tanker losing head over ‘botched’ bridge
- Cracking down on drugged drivers
- Fourteen-year-old charged with robbery
- Crayfish fishing ban wanted in BOP
- No weed campaigning at One Love
- Council hunting dangerous dogs
- Compensation over sulphuric fuel