- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
Police car stolen in Bay of Plenty town
Posted at 9:24pm Tuesday 17 Oct, 2017
Police are on the hunt for a person who stole a police car from a Bay of Plenty town.
A police spokesperson says the vehicle was taken from Oregan Drive in Murupara at 7pm.
"Police unit are actively searching for the car. The Eagle helicopter has also been deployed."
The exact circumstances around the theft are not yet known.
Anyone with information about the stolen car or alleged thief are asked to contact their nearest police station or call 111.
Alternatively, information can also be left anonymously via the Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 line.