- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
- $60 million more for Pharmac
- Chiefs dominate in home game
- Duck season starts with a bang
- Barbara's hooked on Dr Hook
Taxpayer Union congratulations
Posted at 11:30am Friday 20 Oct, 2017
The New Zealand Taxpayers’ Union congratulates Prime Minister-elect Jacinda Ardern, and the Labour, New Zealand First and Green Parties on the formation of a new government.
“While we will need the formal coalition agreement and other information to see what the change will mean for New Zealand, the indications are that it will be major," says the Union’s chairman John Bishop.
"All three parties have big spending plans, which if aggregated together, would be damaging to the economy”.
“The Union will be working just as hard to hold to account those who spend our tax money, and fight for lower taxes, less waste and more transparency,” says John.