- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
Serious truck crash on Bay highway
Posted at 9:15am Wednesday 22 Nov, 2017
Emergency services are at the scene of a serious truck crash on State Highway 33, south of Paengaroa.
A caller to the 0800 SUNLIVE news hotline says a ute and truck have crashed on the highway near the stretch of road known as Three Mile Hill.
The caller says the driver of the truck appears to be trapped and the crash is partially blocking the road.
Motorists are being warned to expect delays as emergency services deal with the crash.
#Crash on #SH33 located at Three Mile Hill (between Paengaroa and Sun Valley), Bay of Plenty, is partially blocking lanes in both directions. Avoid this area if possible and utilising #SH36 is an option for those travelling between Rotorua and Tauranga. ^JF— NZTA Waikato/BoP (@NZTAWaiBoP) November 21, 2017
A police spokesperson says the road is partially blocked and diversion will be put in place.
"Motorists are advised to avoid the area if possible.
"State Highway 36 remains an option for motorosts travelling between Tauranga and Rotorua."