- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
- ATM masquerades as phone box
- Celebrating Hauraki-Coromandel business
- A $178M boost for tourism infrastructure
- Natzke ready to set Europe ablaze
- New structure proposed for IRD
Man charged with threatening to kill
Posted at 10:09am Tuesday 09 Jan, 2018
A man facing burglary, aggravated robbery, indecent assault and threatening to kill charges will appear in Rotorua District Court today.
The 38-year-old man has been arrested in relation to two incidents at a Church Street, Palmerston North address.
The incidents occurred on 14 October 2017 and 5 January 2018.
“We know that these two incidents were extremely concerning for the community, and we would like to thank all those who provided information and assistance to the investigation team,” says a statement from police.
“The victim has been advised of the arrest. Police continue to provide support to her and her family as she recovers.
“As the matter is before the court, police cannot provide any further comment.”