- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
Gunshots heard in attempted robbery
Posted at 11:05am Wednesday 07 Feb, 2018
A witness claims to have heard two gunshots after two men held up a superette in the Bay of Plenty.
Police were notified of an armed robbery in progress at the Main St Superette in Edgecumbe, just before 7pm.
A police spokesperson says two men fled the scene empty-handed.
The witness reported seeing the shopkeeper taken away in an ambulance, but police say it was understood the shopkeeper was not seriously injured.
"Police are still making inquiries.”
People with information about the attempted robbery are asked to contact Whakatane Police on 07 308 5255.
Alternatively, information can be left anonymously via the Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 line.